Thursday 21 August 2014

Tailormade in Heaven

For a long time in my life, I had always been let down by people whom I knew as friends. I made new ones, the older ones left - for good. My paranoia had reached unnatural heights, so bad that I never trusted anyone I met. To me, they were all going to go away, soon. Acquaintances, not friends, I used to remind myself.
Ironically, this was the time the best relationships I've made in this life, blossomed. Quickly, I had found friends in three other weirdos who didn't fit in everywhere they went. There were more people who were wary of us than those who were nice to us. After a few turf wars (Girls' College, politics bound to perchance), we'd charted our territory. We were inseparable. From cracking the dirtiest of jokes in class to being the only people to not know the starting time of an exam (people hated us :P ), we did it all. The best dreams end the earliest, I guess. We were separated after one and a half measly years of togetherness, Fate be blamed. God knows I wanted to spend an eternity with these lovely people. No, I didn't lose my girlfriends to girl-ego fights. It was a sheer twist of events that took it away from us. While I've had my share of bad, nay rotten, luck when it came to friends, I've had some amazing luck too.
We consider ourselves lucky if we get to meet once each year. Often, when one of us falls asleep early, she's woken with 200 unread messages on the WhatsApp group we're part of.
While most of us have a lot of friends, we're lucky if we find just one who will literally give an arm for us. I have three.

(P.S: Love is too small a word to describe what I feel for you three. We'll wait for the English Language to evolve, girls.)

2 comments:

  1. This was exactly what I needed, Didi. :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for it, Nidhi. You're yet to bond with the best. :)

      Delete